ComputerCare is authorized by Apple to perform warranty or non-warranty iPhone repair. We will diagnose your issue and process the claim with Apple on your behalf. Some parts can be replaced in-house, while some issues will require Apple to send a whole replacement unit. Either way, we’ll take care of it all for you!
How to Get iPhone Repair Service
*Please note that we do not provide software support. We recommend you use Apple support for assistance with any software related issues. If you are not sure if it’s software or hardware, we recommend to first try solving by resetting your system as follows: make sure you are on the most current iOS version. Erase all contents & settings and then re-connect your iCloud account. When possible, we recommend doing a data backup before erasing this data. If your issues still persist after trying this, ComputerCare is happy to diagnose the unit to see if it’s a hardware-related issue.
1. PERFORM A BACK UP
First, make sure that anything you want to keep is backed up.
Here’s Apple’s recommendation for performing backups: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766
2. ERASE ALL DATA & SETTINGS
Then you’ll need to “Erase all Data & Settings.” This is required for us to even do a diagnosis or order any parts. This will delete everything on your phone, so make sure you already completed any backups you desire. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings.
3. SUBMIT A TICKET ONLINE
Open a ticket on our website letting us know about your issue. Based on your symptoms, we might be able to tell you right away if your unit can be repaired, or if Apple only allows for a whole unit replacement. A diagnosis may be required, but some issues we can more easily identify. If you’d like to get an estimate of costs for non-warranty repairs first, just fill out the ticket and choose “Please send an estimate first” at the bottom of the form. Some symptoms may require a diagnosis first in order to determine what is causing the issue.
4. BRING IN FOR A DIAGNOSIS
Stop by during our iPhone repair hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm, for a FREE diagnosis while you wait. This generally takes 5-15 minutes. You can wait or pick it up later.
5. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT DETERMINED
After the diagnosis, we will let you know if we can repair the unit in-house, or if a whole replacement unit is required by Apple’s policies. If the repairs are not covered by warranty, we will provide you the cost first, so you can decide if you want to proceed.
Turn Around Time
- For part repairs that can be done in-house: if we have parts in stock, turn around time is approximately 2-4 business hours.
- If parts are not in stock, the turn around time is approximately 1-2 business days.
- For whole unit replacements, the turn around time is approximately 1-2 business days.
In submitting your phone to ComputerCare, you are acknowledging the following:
- That your phone may be replaced with a replacement unit of the same model, per Apple’s discretion.
- Ccare is not responsible for any lost or stolen data or programs and will not restore your backup information to the phone after repair or diagnosis.
- Ccare offers a 30 day warranty on any parts and work performed out-of-warranty.
- For parts and work performed under warranty, your phone remains under it’s warranty guidelines for the extent of the warranty period.